Our Girls Excel Once Again – U15 West Yorkshire Cricket Champions!
Our girls’ cricket team really is a force to be reckoned with as they once again overcame extremely tough competition from around West Yorkshire to get through to the County finals at Headingley on 4th March. Their steely determination and natural skills, expertly honed by Mr Jaffary, saw them stand firm against the competitors. The girls’ dedication (almost daily practice) certainly paid off and the sky is the limit for them – we will be 100% behind you at Headingley and are looking forward to celebrating with you!
British Council Comenius Project
We were delighted and privileged to welcome almost forty visitors from across Europe recently, as part of the British Council Comenius Project.
Teachers Miss Stone and Miss Cochrane spent many weeks preparing for the visit and put together a full and inspiring programme of activities for our guests including trips to York, Saltaire, Haworth and Bradford and they were able to experience a range eating out from fish and chips in Haworth to the delicious fare at Aagrah!
The visit culminated in a performance in school at which the Lord Mayor attended on her first official engagement. Students from visiting schools presented traditions from their home countries from Polish dancing, games, circus skills and performing Shakespeare, whilst Carlton Bolling students entertained us with Roma dance, impressions from our award-winning Eesa and a wonderful musical session courtesy of our school choir.
18.01.16 Contractors Laing O’Rourke moved on site to begin work on our new school
Contractors Laing O’Rourke moved on site to begin work on our new school. Lots of areas of the site have been fenced off so there are fewer areas for students to go outside and with snow falling over the weekend it made for an interesting day! There are two huge yellow machines on the tennis courts where the new school will be built and lots of deliveries of construction materials.
Post-16 and Year 11 Results
“Congratulations to all Post-16 and Year 11 students who collected their results recently – some absolutely stunning performances!”
Did You Know?
English language did you know.
- the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is E
- the least used letter in the alphabet is Q
- dreamt is the only word that ends in mt
- the first letters of the months July through to November spell JASON
- there are only 4 words in the English language which end in ‘dous’ (they are: hazardous, horrendous, stupendous and tremendous)
- the oldest word in the English language is ‘town’
- ‘Bookkeeper’ and ‘bookkeeping’ are the only 2 words in the English language with three consecutive double letters
- the word ‘Strengths’ is the longest word in the English language with just one vowel