Values and ethos.
At Carlton Bolling we pride ourselves on our ethos of ‘Excellence for all’ and our commitment to developing the ‘whole child.’ We recognise these as essential ingredients to succeed within the modern world.
We believe that all our students have the potential to achieve great success and the Habits of Excellence have been designed to help them do this.
Habits of Excellence are an extension to a Growth Mindset, whereby students are encouraged to have the drive and determination to do the very best they can.
The Habits of Excellence are based on the work of Stephen R Covey and outline Key behavioural habits of successful people that can be developed by anyone if practised over time until they have been mastered. In sharing these habits with the students, we aim give them clear and direct behavioural habits that they can be applied to all areas of their life in order to achieve success
For these habits to become truly embedded in the psyches of our students we need help from parents and guardians at home. So, what can you do to help?
- Familiarise yourself with our Habits of Excellence (shown above).
- Encourage your child to take risks and tackle new challenges at school and at home.
- Praise your child not for the ease with which he or she learns a concept but for the effort they put into learning it.
- Emphasize perseverance and effort in both academic work and extracurricular activities.
- Reassure children that failure and mistakes are to be expected and should be embraced as an opportunity to learn and grow, rather than something we should feel ashamed or downhearted about.
- Remind children that those who achieve success are seldom those with the highest intellect or the most natural ability but rather those with the most tenacity and resilience.
We hope you will join us in this journey to excellence, we cannot do it without you and your continued support. If you have any questions relating to our Habits of Excellence ethos please contact the school directly to discuss this further.